Kyle Greer is an experienced, award-winning commercial real estate broker, economic developer and entrepreneur who is passionate about real estate, economic development and community. After almost 15 years of success in commercial real estate and economic development Kyle took his experience and entrepreneurial spirit and founded MacKenan Property Group, a real estate development company focused on delivering quality projects that will enhance communities. Kyle is a results-oriented leader with expert knowledge of the fundamental attributes, policies and players in central North Carolina. He now leads MacKenan Property Group’s strategic direction and all aspects of its daily operations.
Prior to founding MacKenan Property Group, Kyle was the Vice President of Economic Development at the Cary Chamber of Commerce where he lead all of the economic development efforts for the Town of Cary. His responsibilities included, business recruitment, retention, small business/entrepreneurial development and assisted with downtown development. During his tenure (3.5 years) he expanded and recruited over 7,700 new jobs to Cary along with over $300 million of new private capital investment.
Prior to leading economic development for Cary, he worked as a commercial real estate broker with one of Raleigh’s oldest and most prestigious firms. While a broker Kyle won numerous awards and was widely recognized and called upon as an expert on commercial real estate in the Triangle. Kyle has represented local governments, colleges and universities, International Corporations, as well as local developers and numerous land owners.
Kyle began his business career while still in college at N.C. State University. As the internet was gaining steam he co-founded a networking security and consulting company. He spent 4 years growing it from his dorm room to a successful venture which he later sold to a larger ISP.
When not working, Kyle enjoys traveling with his wife, Megan, sport shooting, and being outdoors. He is also an avid collector of bourbon. Kyle holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management with a minor in computer science from N.C. State University. He and Megan reside in Cary.
Honors & Achievements
- Triangle Business Journal, New Leaders in Economic Development, 2016
- Cary Magazine, Movers & Shakers, 2016
- Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors (TCAR), Lifetime Land Sales Club, 2014
- Triangle Business Journal, Top 40 Under 40 Winner, 2012
- Rotary International, Paul Harris Fellow, 2012
- NAI Global Elite (based on transaction volume), 2007, 2011
- Triangle Business Journal, SPACE Awards, Top Land Sale, 2nd Place, 2008
- Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors (TCAR), Rising Star Award, 2008
- Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors (TCAR), Million Dollar Land Sales Club, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
In addition to his work, Kyle is also active in his community:
- Urban Land Institute – Triangle Chapter, 2014-present
- International Economic Development Council, 2014-present
- Taylor Family YMCA, 2013-present
- Board of Directors, Chair of Development Committee
- Cary Rotary Club, Rotary International, 2006-present
- Board of Directors, 2011-2013
- Cary Chamber of Commerce, 2003-present
- Board of Directors, 2011-2014
- Vice Chair of Government Relations, 2013-2014
- Cary Committee For the Future, 2013-2016
- Wake County Transit Advisory Committee, Member, 2015-2016
- Research Triangle Regional Partnership, Board of Directors, 2014-2017
- C. State Entrepreneurship Programs, Volunteer, 2003-present
- Triangle Commercial Association of Realtors (TCAR), 2005-present
- Board of Directors, 2009-2011
- Chair of Technology Committee, 2010-2011
- Fuquay-Varina Economic Development Commission Board of Directors, 2010-2012
Wes Cook is a Professional Engineer with a passion for real estate development. After spending 16 years as an engineering and planning consultant to real estate developers across the United States, Wes’s love for real estate led him to join Mackenan Property Group as Vice-President and Director of Development. Wes enjoys the process from site selection to topping out the last beam and all in between. His attention to detail and obsessive focus on schedule and process are critical to the success of Mackenan Property Group’s ventures. Wes now directs MPG’s efforts including property evaluation, consultant coordination, financial modeling, project permitting and contractor oversight.
Prior to joining MPG, Wes worked at both regional and national engineering firms serving the real estate development community, towns, cities and other municipalities. His growth in the most recent firm led him to join the executive team overseeing the strategic initiatives, M&A evaluation, financial operations, revenue growth, and philanthropic mission of the firm. Wes’s leadership in the consulting industry is demonstrated by his expansive client portfolio, consulting revenue growth, and extensive external board seats and relationships.
While not working, Wes enjoys spending time with his wife, Meghan, and two children, Wells and Collins. An avid sportsman & outdoorsman, Wes enjoys playing golf, tennis, inshore saltwater fishing, & waterfowl hunting.
Wes holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering from NC State’s College of Engineering and an MBA from NC State’s Poole College of Management. He and his family reside in Raleigh.
Honors & Achievements
- Professional Engineer – NC & SC
- LEED AP – Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design by United State Green Building Council
- North Carolina Society of Engineers – Statewide President
- Professional Engineers of North Carolina – Engineers PAC Trustee
- Emol A. Fails Fellowship – NC State University – Jenkins MBA Program
- Cary Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors 2012-2016
- Vice-Chair – Economic Development – 2014-2016
- Leadership Cary – Cary Chamber of Commerce
- Co-Chairman – 2010, Participant – 2009
- YMCA of the Triangle
- Finance Board Member – February 2016 – Present
- YMCA of the Triangle – Cary Family YMCA
- Board Member – May 2015-Present
- YMCA of the Triangle Golf Marathon
- Board Member – May 2010-Present
- Wake County Economic Development
- Board Member – August 2011 – August 2014
- VIII Oaks Philanthropic Club – Co-Founder – Established in 2008
- VIII Oaks is a philanthropic organization and Social Club established to raise funds for numerous local agencies. To date, the club has 30 invited members and has raised over $100,000 dollars for the Miracle League of the Triangle, Duke Children’s Hospital and others.
- North Carolina State University Young Alumni Council – Council Member
- January 2010 – January 2011
- Kimley-Horn & Associates
- 2006 Best Promoter of Quality